Saturday, May 2, 2015

Signs and Symptoms


What does trigeminal neuralgia feel like?

Trigeminal neuralgia is extreme facial pain.  As previously mentioned, trigeminal neuralgic pain is typically caused by a vein or artery that is putting pressure on the nerve.  The pain often occurs in repeated short bursts lasting a few seconds each but can last more than a minute.  It is described as: zapping, shooting, stabbing, lightning-burst, and excruciating.  The pain can be felt anywhere from the forehead to the jaw but is most often felt in the cheek alongside the nose or in the jaw on one side of the face.  It can be so severe that is will cause the person to cry out, wince and/or stop whatever it is they are doing. 

How does the pain start?
 
The affected area of the face becomes extremely sensitive with such minor stimulation.  This minor stimulation includes such triggers as: a light breeze, cold temperature, water from a shower, washing the face, shaving, or even eating.  The pain can occur spontaneously but is often triggered by touching certain 'trigger spots' on the face, lips, or tongue.

How long does it last?

Trigeminal neuralgic pain usually lasts only seconds but can last up to two minutes and can occur more than 100 times in a day.  The pain will resolve on its own, but reoccur often.  Even after being pain-free for an extended period of time, the pain could potentially return if a more permanent solution is tried.


References:

 http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/neurology_neurosurgery/centers_clinics/headache/conditions/trigeminal_neuralgia.html

http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/brain-spinal-cord-and-nerve-disorders/cranial-nerve-disorders/trigeminal-neuralgia 

 neurosurgery.ucsf.edu/index.php/pain_treatment_trigeminal_neuralgia.html



4 comments:

  1. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS
    I was diagnosed of neuralgia in 2011, I have tried all possible means to get cure but all my effort proved abortive, until a friend of mine introduced me to a herbal doctor , who prepare herbal medicine to cure different kind of diseases including neuralgia , when i contacted this herbal doctor via his email, he sent me the neuralgia herbal medicine via courier service, when i received the herbal medicine he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed by Dr Williams i was totally cured from this disease within 1 months of usage. any body with similar problem can Contact this great herbal doctor via his email drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product,and thanks to you admin for such an informative blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello I'm cambell by name, I'm giving a testimony about Dr.Emmanuel the great Herbalist, he has the cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my herpes disease, though I went through different website I saw different testimonies about different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: 'Many people have the herpes cure why are people still suffering from it?' I though of it, then I contact Dr. Emmanuel via email, I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it (CURE) and sent it to Airfreight Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and i took the medicine as prescribed by him and I went for check-up 2 weeks after finishing the medicine, I was tested herpes negative, if you are herpes positive do me a favor for you to contact him and I will try my possible best to make sure you get cured, when you contact him, make sure you tell him that I referenced you.. contact him via: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2348140073965 

      Delete
  2. WOW ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS I HAVE NEVER BELIEVE IN HERBAL REMEDIES.
    my wife have been a patient of neuralgia. I have tried a lot of anti viral med prescribed to me by doctors over how many years now but I could not see any improvements in my wife symptoms. One day when going through the internet , i got to know about this great Herbal Dr who uses his herbal remedies in curing people from neuralgia,quickly i contacted him and he assured me that my wife is going to be fine,that was how the medicine was sent through delivering service which i received and my wife used it as instructed by Dr Williams. After few weeks the improvement were very visible. the jabbing pain that may feel like an electric shock reduce.and the uncomfortable tingling and burning stopped and now she is neuralgia free, I would recommend this to all my friends,families,around the globe suffering from neuralgia.you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com.for advice and for his product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete