Sunday, May 17, 2015

Nursing Care


Most of the nursing care for trigeminal neuralgia is done pre- and post-operatively.  However, once a patient is diagnosed with TN, they may need some help to cope with the pain until a treatment pathway can be decided upon. TN is often referred to as 'the suicide disease' due to the fact that the extreme pain and lack of immediate signs as to the cause of the pain has caused many of those afflicted to take their own lives.  As more information is gained surrounding this affliction, that number is going down.  When the diagnosis of trigeminal neuralgia is made, a nurse may be able to help the patient with the following items:

  1.  Join an online support group. - Those suffering from trigeminal neuralgia are not alone!  There are several websites in which patients can discuss their disease, ask questions, gather information on different coping mechanisms and treatments and support one another.
  2.  Make a list of  positive aspects of life.  - Because the pain can be so severe, having a running list of things that add to happiness are often very helpful.  Whether it is photos of friends and families, motivational quotes, something the patient wants to learn, etc., being able to concentrate on a positive item can help these patients make it through the bouts of pain.  .
  3. Keep a diary of your experiences. - This can help to suss out triggers for trigeminal neuralgia.  Maybe the pain occurs on the left side of the face every time the teeth are brushed with cold water.  Or perhaps it occurs when chewing on the right side of the mouth.  This information can help those suffering to avoid these triggers but also help their doctor to determine the best course of action.
  4. Practice healthy habits. - Good health habits will lead to better health.  They may also help patients to avoid triggers or simply bear with the pain.  
  5. Research TN and the treatment options. - A good knowledge base will help one who is suffering take control of their illness, and potentially, their pain.  There are many different websites which outline the disease, potential triggers and treatment options.  

A nurse can help to explain these items to someone who is suffering from trigeminal neuralgia and set them up on a path to success.  

References:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/trigeminal-neuralgia/basics/definition/con-20043802

http://fpa-support.org/trigeminal-neuralgia-support/?gclid=CjwKEAjw65GqBRCj3fLFwK2SpWoSJABa3E3cjn2QkHDjn5HYJoaSRzzt4l5rlYgXSDVIzDTLKR6uyxoC9-rw_wcB


1. Create a table to summarize the nursing care for individuals with your disease. 2. Briefly state why a particular website provides a critical collection that informs nurses. 2. Post links to that website on your blog.

4 comments:

  1. WOW ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS I HAVE NEVER BELIEVE IN HERBAL REMEDIES.
    my wife have been a patient of neuralgia. I have tried a lot of anti viral med prescribed to me by doctors over how many years now but I could not see any improvements in my wife symptoms. One day when going through the internet , i got to know about this great Herbal Dr who uses his herbal remedies in curing people from neuralgia,quickly i contacted him and he assured me that my wife is going to be fine,that was how the medicine was sent through delivering service which i received and my wife used it as instructed by Dr Williams. After few weeks the improvement were very visible. the jabbing pain that may feel like an electric shock reduce.and the uncomfortable tingling and burning stopped and now she is neuralgia free, I would recommend this to all my friends,families,around the globe suffering from neuralgia.you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com.for advice and for his product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I'm cambell by name, I'm giving a testimony about Dr.Emmanuel the great Herbalist, he has the cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my herpes disease, though I went through different website I saw different testimonies about different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: 'Many people have the herpes cure why are people still suffering from it?' I though of it, then I contact Dr. Emmanuel via email, I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it (CURE) and sent it to Airfreight Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and i took the medicine as prescribed by him and I went for check-up 2 weeks after finishing the medicine, I was tested herpes negative, if you are herpes positive do me a favor for you to contact him and I will try my possible best to make sure you get cured, when you contact him, make sure you tell him that I referenced you.. contact him via: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2348140073965 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm giving a testimony about Dr Nogadu the great Herbalist, he has the cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my herpes simplex virus, though I went through different website I saw different testimonies about different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: 'Many people's have the herpes simplex virus cure why are people still suffering from it?' I though of it, then I contact Dr Nogadu via email, I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it (CURE) and sent it to me through Air freight Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 2-5 days I will receive the parcel and i took the medicine as prescribed by him and I went for check up 2 week after finishing the medicine, I was tested herpes simplex virus negative, if you are herpes simplex virus patient do me a favour by  contacting him and I assure anyone who is suffering from it, your problem will never remain the same again you will be cured also Dr Nogadu help my brother wife to cure her cervical cancer she was suffering from the past 5 years, After he {cure} my herpes simplex virus, then my brother  heard about it, he went home to tell his wife  about Dr Nogadu then his wife  email him and explain her problem to him, he also prepare herbal medicine and he use Air freight courier service to sent her the herbal medicine and he instruct her on how she  will be using it for 14 days, That on the 15 days of it, she should go and check her self in the hospital and she did as she was instructed by Dr Nogadu, to GOD be the glory she was cure of her cervical cancer which she was suffering from for the past 5 years thanks to these great man we will ever remain grateful to you sir for the good work you did in our family. When you contact him, make sure you tell him that I refer you.. contact him via: drnogaduherbalist@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on +2347010627760.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete